The Top 20 Successful Dissertation Topics On Network Security
Dissertations are one of the most important aspects of higher education. Traditionally used by doctoral programs, undergraduate and graduate schools are increasingly using this assignment to test the knowledge of students. When it comes to network security, many academic programs require students to complete a dissertation before they graduate. The exact essay question or assignment may be set by a professor, or it may be the student's choice. No matter what students need to do to complete their degree, the following 20 dissertation topics can help to foster ideas about a potential dissertation project on network security.
The Top 20 Successful Dissertation Topics
- How can a distributed file sharing system be designed and used so that it supports the best content mobility as well as disconnection tolerant communication?
- Students can conduct a dissertation on actual performance studies that compare Ethernet LANDs and VoIP.
- Using a programmatic approach, students can analyze network security.
- How do a variety of security mechanisms impact a consumer's trust in conducting banking transactions online?
- Research the different ways of applying database technologies in the realm of managing network data.
- Write a dissertation that considers ways of developing a secure runtime environment that helps to study the behavior of worms and viruses.
- What are the current problems with emerging 4G wireless networks?
- How can someone create an Intrusion Detection System that efficiently operates on 4G networks?
- How can data transfer become secured on Wi-Fi networks?
- How can companies plan for the migration of services to a 4th generation wireless network?
- How can a Network Monitoring tool be designed that offers security and scalability that also uses hibernates and struts?
- What are the best ways of managing peer-to-peer applications that stream live? Are there better ways?
- While looking at intrusion detection systems, students should analyze the usage of multiple gateways.
- Compare redundancy and fault recovery in both 4G wireless networks and real-time wireless networks.
- Consider the current adoption of mobile data services in the United States. What will the future requirements be for these services?
- When developing ICT systems, what are the available methodological and strategic approaches that can be used?
- Take a look at computer programs and web cameras. Are web cameras viable as an input device?
- In the context of wireless sensor networks, research the best router placements.
- How does the signal strength impact the entire Wi-Fi link?
- Evaluate current and possible frameworks for a structured overlay network.
Network Security Dissertation Ideas: 10 Topics You Can Handle
Looking back to the past century, it is amazing to realize that the Internet was barely invented before the 90's. Nowadays, it is impossible to think of our lifestyle without the worldwide web. Computer systems have spread to each aspect of every day's life. And this tendency is growing non-stop. This is why the concern in network security has increased in the past few years. Read more in order to find out our to-ten topics on this subject.
- The security of the Internet of Things (IoT). Currently, gadgets are connected to the Internet in a regular basis. We cannot conceive our devices without some sort of connectivity, we need to share data. Wearables are trendy; such as smart-watches and life bands. But, are they safe enough not to share our personal data without our permission?
- How to avoid being affected by malware? This is arguably the 1-million question for many people. There are quite a few alternatives, such as having a powerful anti-virus or installing another OS. Research on this topic in order to come up with appealing conclusions.
- Is an anti virus enough or do you need more layers of security? Backup copies are also very useful in order to avoid data loss. In other words, anti virus may not be enough in some cases. What other software tool could be handy in this regard?
- The future of network security in the next few years. Due to the increasing concern on security issues, what is yet to come in this field?
- Possible repercussions of having a vulnerable network. If you lack the security measures, you may end up losing a lot of money in the long term even without realising.
- The growing cyber-terrorism threat. Nowadays, large companies need to rise their security protocols in order to avoid data loss and other cyber-terrorist attacks.
- Main concerns in network security in the present.
- Best solutions to nowadays security issues. There are a few options for you to assure the security of your network, such as using software tools or even getting disconnected from the Internet.
- Most important features for companies regarding network security. What are the main concerns for large companies in this regard?
- What to expect in this field in 2015? This year, we will see more developments in both sides, the cyber-terrorist menace and its counterpart.