|Rōmaji||Shidu / Sidu|
|Gender||Unknown (Biological Female)|
|Age||23 Years (September 04, 1993)|
|Status||November 2010 → Present|
|Associations||Shizen no Teki-P, Neru, Bibuko|
|URL||Twitter, Tumblr, Pixiv|
Shidu / Sidu (しづ), is an in illustrator who created various PVs and provides illustrations to various producers, including Jin. They illustrated most PVs for the songs of the Kagerou Project. Sidu often provides 'dark' illustrations; thus the notable works being Abstract Nonsense and Tokyo Teddy Bear by Neru sung by Kagamine Rin. Their favorite character is Konoha, who they are heavily obsessed with.
Until March 2015, Sidu was known under the alias Shidu, but renamed themselves with an official statement to the name change on their blog, where they explained that the name change happened because they personally liked the sound of it. Due to the name change happening after the end of the Kagerou Project, they are widely known under their old alias among the community and old media, whereas newer media, such as the English versions of the manga, was published with the new name.
- Jin met Sidu through Twitter after searching for himself on the website: Sidu first listened to Jinzou Enemy on Daily Vocaloid Ranking. Since they thought it was a good song, they tweeted it on Twitter ("Jin's song is really cool!") and immediately got followed by Jin. The latter said it was because there were very few people (about 80 followers) who had listened to his song at that time. When he saw Sidu said they liked it, he immediately followed them. At first, all they talked about was some kind of game, while Jin did not know that Sidu was an illustrator.
- When drawing a PV, Sidu usually listens to the song first, to get a general image. After having Jin explain the song to them, Sidu draws the continuity and shows it to him. If Jin approves of the continuity, Sidu begins to add other details to make the full video. They normally spend two to three weeks to make a PV for the popular project.
- Sidu thinks the hardest Kagerou Project PV they made was Lost Time Memory. At that time, they had to ask Jin to help them with that PV. However, Jin thought that the toughest of all was Children Record. Two of Sidu's tablets broke and they burnt their hands while making the Children Record, Lost Time Memory, and Yobanashi Deceive PV.
- Sidu and Jin get along extremely well with each other and have never really had any kind of conflicts before. Jin also mentioned that he took a lot of Sidu's ideas into the project. Furthermore, they were the influence for Shintaro's jersey outfit, because during the process of designing the character, Sidu saw the red jersey Jin was wearing and thought that it would fit him as well. Jin thought he was being included in the series when receiving the design (「あれ？俺がいる？」 "Eh? I am in this thing too?") and was afraid people would think he was cosplaying when attending events and similar. Therefore, he said he had come to hate Shintaro a little bit at that time.
- When designing characters for the series, firstly, Sidu would start to decide on their colors. Because Shintaro's color is red, his sister Momo received a color related to red - orange. Since the main colors of Kagerou Days are blue and red, Hibiya's color became blue and Hiyori's pink. Momo was first intended to have an "annoyingly attractive character" design. Konoha was first designed as a girl. However, there were too many girls in Kagerou Project at that time, so he was changed into a boy. Sidu, however, still really likes Konoha's female version.
- They own a pet dog.
- Their blood type is B.
- Sidu does not give themselves a gender and keeps it a secret.
- They have a favorite character change for every PV they make (For example, when they drew Yobanashi Deceive, Kano was their favorite character, but when they drew Lost Time Memory, Shintaro became their favorite), but Konoha remains at the top.
- They once wrote Momo's name as "Maki" and Shintaro's as "Tsuntaro".
- Sidu has admitted that their handwriting is so dirty only they themselves can understand it.
- Sidu's favorite scene of Mekakucity Actors is when Konoha rescued Hibiya and Hiyori in Episode 05.
- During the airing of the anime Sidu took a special liking to Kano, stating that they wanted to cherish and spoil him, and for him to have an easy life with a companion of some sorts, namely a girlfriend.
- Sidu wanted to bully Konoha, and felt that it was strange that this was the case even though they loved him the most.
- Kido, Kano and Haruka's voice were exactly how Shidu imagined them to be, in particular Kido's whom they loved.
- Sidu thought the Snake's airtime was rather abrupt, and expressed wishes to draw him more, hoping that this would happen in the manga or an anthology comic.
- Sidu created the design for ONE, IA's second vocal in CeVIO.
Sidu's official Persona with Konoha (by Mitsu Yomogi)
Sidu's Icon on the Vocaloid Wiki
Sidu's former Twitter icon of Konoha
Sidu's former Twitter icon of Haruka
Sidu's former Twitter icon of Dark Konoha
Sidu's icon on Pixiv
Sidu's previous icon on Twitter
Sidu's former Twitter Icon
Sidu's Twitter icon for Ayano's birthday
Sidu's Twitter icon of Dark Konoha
Sidu's Twitter icon of Shintaro
Sidu's Twitter icon of what is assumed Kano
Sidu's Twitter icon of Haruka before the anime finale
Sidu's Twitter icon of Konoha after the anime finale
Sidu's Twitter icon of Ene in April 2017
Add a photo to this gallery
Kanji: 木戸 つぼみ
Rōmaji: Kido Tsubomi
Hair color: Dark Green
Eye color: Black
Height: 168 cm (5'6")
Weight: 44 kg (97 lbs)
Blood type: B
Age: 16 Years
Birthday: January 02
Occupation : Leader of Mekakushi Dan
Ability: Concealing Eyes
Japanese: Yuko Kaida
Manga: 01. Jinzou Enemy I
Anime: 01. Jinzou Enemy
Novel: カゲロウデイズ -in a daze-
Kido is frequently mistaken for a boy due to her androgynous appearance. She wears a red jersey jacket with a high zip collar underneath a dark, pale purple-gray hoodie with a headphone design on the hood and an iPod button design on the front, along with volume bars on the pocket. Her jeans are green with white insides, and the left pant leg is rolled up to signify she's in a gang. Her shoes are mint green converse high tops. Kido is also noted to have a very pretty face by Momo and Takane.
In Mekakucity Actors her hoodie is the same, though she ties her hair up in a ponytail.
When she lived with her biological family, Kido wore a white blouse with a red ribbon attached, dress shoes, and a frilly black skirt with thigh highs. She can be seen in the same outfit in Episode 9 of Mekakucity Actors. In the orphanage, she wore a high-collared black sweater and shorts.
Kido grew up in the same orphanage as Seto and Kano. She is often listening to music through her earphones. Although she is naturally kind and is one of the most level-headed within the group. She is very short-tempered and has difficulty keeping other members, especially Kano, in line. Of course, while she may appear scary at first glance, due to her dark expression and "glare-like gaze," as stated by Kano, she is also very motherly, as stated by Shintaro, who is also impressed by her ability to stay calm around her friends.
In the past she was, generally, uninterested in what activities her siblings would participate in. However, that doesn't mean that she wouldn't join in on their games from time to time. Her issues with her temper have been around since a relatively young age. Due to her ability, her presence was quite weak until she learned how to control it, often leading to people ignoring her unintentionally, causing her to fear the possibility that she may disappear permanently. With this fact, she would react shy and scared whenever someone would mention not being able to notice her at first. Of course, despite this, she still had a rather arrogant personality.
After Ayano's death, Kido swore to become stronger so she could support everyone. In order to make her "feel" more like a leader, Kano decided that they should start calling each other with their last names since they sound like code names. Not long after this, when Marry introduced, is when she began to be referred to as 'Danchou' (Commander) by some members of the Dan.
Concealing Eyes (目を隠す Me o Kakusu): Kido's ability is to "Hide One's Eyes". She can divert perception towards objects and people within 2 meters of herself, rendering them invisible. Conversation while hidden also won't be heard by outsiders. Physical contact, however, breaks the effect, so it isn't useful in very crowded places. Along with this vulnerability, if a person outside the 2 meter bubble is familiar with someone being concealed, her power will not be as strong.
Kido's ability works more when preventing people from recognizing those being hidden, rather than making them unable to be seen. She has practiced to control her ability perfectly so she won't disappear all of a sudden.
Original Source: Kagerou Project Wiki. I own none of this.